JAMF Software Announces New Era of BYOD and User Enablement with Latest Release of the Casper Suite
New BYOD Solution Protects Organizations, While Respecting User Privacy and Boosts User Adoption / Better Self Service Enables IT to Help Users Like Never Before
MINNEAPOLIS – August 12, 2014 – JAMF Software, the leader in Apple device management, today announced a new release of its flagship solution the Casper Suite. This latest version gives IT professionals a new, simple way to manage bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs, while respecting employee privacy. It also includes improvements that let users be more self-sufficient. This approach of celebrating the power of mobility – Can-Do IT – marks a win for both users and IT and leads to more widespread adoption of device management.
Finally, BYOD Made Manageable
The mobile device explosion is driving demand for BYOD programs and the need for smart management tools that balance IT and user requirements. Industry analyst firm Gartner predicts that 50 percent of companies will require BYOD by 2016. They also predict one in five BYOD programs will fail because of too much restriction on the user. In short, users want a say in which device they use and are rejecting rigid BYOD management solutions that infringe on their privacy.
JAMF Software addresses this. Designed specifically for iOS and Android devices, the Casper Suite offers powerful security compliance without changing the native experience on the user’s device or invading their privacy.
BYOD Key New Features:
- Users securely and easily access corporate resources such as e-mail, contacts, calendars, Wi-Fi and VPN.
- Management and security settings are transparent to the user – informing them of anything IT can do on their personal device.
- IT can only remove corporate data from the device. This protects the user’s personal data, such as photos and documents.
- Integrates well with enterprise networks and simplifies user enrollment by automatically prompting the user device for enrollment once it detects it’s on the network.
The Ticket to Fewer Help Desk Tickets
More and more, users demand anytime access to everything. The Can-Do IT professionals welcome this, recognizing the power of helping users help themselves. With the latest release of the Casper Suite, IT professionals will enjoy improvements in how they can maintain control over the user’s environment, while empowering them to find the right productivity applications and content.
Key New Features to Better Manage IT Workload:
- Users rely on Self Service to install their own apps, content, printers, passwords, upgrades, patches and more, without having to contact IT.
- The organization promotes the appropriate applications, content and settings for users to install.
- Users quickly find the right content to solve their problems, while IT maintains necessary control and security.
Comments on the News
“There are three significant factors that are causing BYOD initiatives to fail: cost, complexity and user adoption. We did something about it. By moving personal privacy and transparency to the front and center, we have delivered technology to get IT what it needs, while at the same time giving them a solution users will accept,” said Jason Wudi, CTO of JAMF Software. “In today’s can-do world, where productivity and innovation win the day, it’s more important than ever to arm employees with the technology and tools that inspire their thinking, and enable them to achieve success.”
"Enterprise success in today's dynamic marketplace is contingent on the ability of a mobile workforce to rapidly respond to business requirements from any location and at any time," noted Steve Brasen, managing research director with analyst firm, Enterprise Management Associates. "By further advancing the Casper Suite with user-focused features, JAMF Software is helping empower business professionals with the freedom to easily access essential corporate applications and data, while still meeting critical organizational requirements for security and compliance."
- Helping Users Help Themselves with Can-Do IT
- Become part of the family at the JAMF Nation Community
- Join the conversation on Twitter
- Stay connected with JAMF Software on LinkedIn
About JAMF Software
Since 2002, JAMF Software—and our Casper Suite solution—has made it easy for businesses, schools and other enterprises to use and manage Apple devices in their organizations.