Manager, Software Engineering
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a software engineering team and their deliverables. The Manager works closely with key stakeholders to meet strategic business objectives. The Software Engineering Manager will ensure their team is aware of and understands the what, the how, and the why of current priorities. The Manager is an expert at their craft and will guide their team towards also becoming experts.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Eau Claire, WI
Travel: < 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
Supervisor: Director, Software Engineering
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Leads the software development efforts of the team and utilizes expertise on techniques, tools, languages, and practices to guide and mentor.
- Guides and mentor teams in solving the problems of building enterprise software.
- Prioritizes, monitors, and manages results through planning, attention to detail, and decision making.
- Identifies and proactively manages and mitigates project obstacles and risks.
- Reviews and revises project work plans as needed to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes existing workflows and practices for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provides technical leadership of JAMF Software development projects.
- Researches, understands and applies the best technical solutions for JAMF Software code base.
- Ensures the overall code quality of the JAMF Software code base.
- Mentors Software Engineers on the JAMF Software code base and appropriate technical solutions for features, coding techniques, and tools
- Ensures consistent and effective application of Lean principles and Agile development practices.
- Performs key people management responsibilities including hiring, on boarding, developing, and supervising team along with conducting performance appraisals and coaching for performance and career growth.
- Ensures the teams they interact with understand JAMF values, mission, goals and engineering priorities and can make the connection between the work they are doing and the greater organization.
- Actively collaborates with the engineering leadership team to solve problems and improve the function of the engineering organization.
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience in Enterprise Software development role(s), demonstrating progressive knowledge and growth in responsibilities
- 2 – 4 Years in a management or supervisory role (Preferred)
- Experience with relevant development tools, including but not limited to: Java, Objective C, Swift. MySQL, Ruby, Python, Eclipse, Mobile
- General Experience with Mac OS X and iOS platforms (Preferred)
- CSM training, CSD training, or CSPO training (Preferred)