Support for iOS 7
What's new - subnav
Support for iOS 7 Rotator
iOS 7: same-day support
Support for iOS 7 - section
The Casper Suite: iOS 7 support on day one.
The anticipation for iOS 7 and its many new features created higher user excitement than ever. On September 18th, Apple satisfied this pent-up demand and, by some estimates, over 30% of users upgraded to the new iOS within the first 24 hours. The Casper Suite featured same-day support for iOS 7, ensuring that you can not only support your users—including those using the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S—but also leverage many of these new enterprise management capabilities. On the day when the world of iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV changed forever, the Casper Suite ensured that you were able to immediately evolve and utilize these new management capabilities.
One of the great aspects of iPads and iPhones is their extreme mobile nature. This mobility gives end users the ability to move, travel, and engage with others in a way that has not been possible before. When providing technology of this nature, administrators are tasked with following organizational policies regarding data security.
Data security can be encapsulated into three main areas—data at rest, data in transit, and access to data. Data at rest refers to the data that resides on the device itself. This is the data that is accessible through an app even when a device is not connected to the Internet. Data in transit refers to the data that is passing between the device itself, and the storage location for the app data. This refers to data that resides within a corporate network, as well as data that resides in an app provider’s environment. Access to data refers to providing a layer of protection to ensure undesired users are not able to access data without the proper credentials.
The Casper Suite takes advantage of new features and functionality in iOS 7 to provide administrators with solutions to help protect the organization's data in all three main areas: data at rest, data in transit, and access to data.
How the Casper Suite leverages data security features in iOS 7:
- Automated data protection when a device gets lost or stolen; inventory criteria is defined to trigger the data protection action
- Reporting on data protection
- Leverage per-app VPN, ensuring that when corporate data is accessed it's running through a secure VPN portal
- Protect data from leaving intended apps by prohibiting data from being exported to another tool or app
- Security policy enforcement
- Implement new data security configuration profiles available in iOS 7
Apple TV support
Enterprise organizations utilize Apple TVs as a cost-effective method for sharing the screen of iPhones, iPads, and Macs with other users. As an alternative to over-the-cable screen sharing methods, the Apple TV provides end users with a target to share their screen over-the-air.
As Apple TVs continue to spread into the enterprise and schools, there is a growing need for management of these devices. With the ability to view inventory of your Apple TVs, configure them over-the-air, and control which devices can view them as an AirPlay target, they will continue to grow as an essential tool for collaboration in all enterprises.
How the Casper Suite provides support for Apple TV:
- A streamlined, supported way to enroll an Apple TV
- A configuration profile to only show specific Apple TVs as targets to end users
- Support for sending MDM commands to an Apple TV
The iPad has proven itself to be an invaluable educational tool, providing students with rich educational media, mobile access to supplemental material, and iOS apps to help teach in a more engaging way. Educators are also benefiting from the use of iPads in the classroom, as students are able to learn at their own pace, consuming the material in an effective manner per each student and gaining a more personalized educational environment.
As educators adopt technology within their classroom, they’re often faced with finding methods for keeping students focused on the content appropriate to the specific topic. Casper Focus provides educators a tool to ensure students are engaged in the appropriate app when needed, quickly direct their attention, and conduct assessment in a secure environment—providing a collaborative classroom experience.
What's new in Casper Focus:
Utilizing single-app mode
- Ability to search for the app in the list
- Guide individual, subsets, or all devices at once
Educator integration with the iBookstore
- Educators have ability to search, view, and make eBooks available to all students in their class
- Educators able to suggest reading material to students through Casper Focus
Remote viewing of device screen
- Allow educator to chose a device and AirPlay its screen to a specified target
- Allow an educator to display their device to all others in the classroom